KC Maker Faire ToDo Update

Dan Goldstein

Jun 22, 2017, 10:23:52 AM6/22/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,
  For the wider list of people who have not been to the space for a while, I am putting this here just as a way to share a little snippet of whats been happening around the space..

  OK, things are coming together for our little jaunt to the KC Maker Faire this weekend.  This is my short list of things done, and ToDo. I'm hoping we can pitch in tonight and get things ready to go.

Sign:
  Our new spectacular kinetic sign (an understatement!) is almost done.
Designed from our newer logo (Ryan,Zach, others??), Cad by Luc, Cutting by Dan, 3D printed parts by Luc and Ryan, Painting and assembly by Zach,Ryan, and Luc...  (Sorry if I missed anyone) It is almost ready!
 ToDo:
   - Mount rotisserie motor (Gear drive) on back.
   - Build 2x4 frame to hold sign in the air.
   - Assemble, weights for stability??

 Gerald the Giraffe, with magnetic marble machine on side.
   This is a piece I made for Art in the Park this year, and we thought it would be cool adorning our booth at the Maker Faire. But that would be too easy! So we decided to add a Ball Bearing race on the side. We have magnetic slides made. A ball pump almost made (tested it last night!).
  To Do:
   - Finish ball pump. (Input funnel, attach output tube more securely)
   Make nicer marble catch with blankets. (Ball bearing everywhere! An insurance mans dream... or nightmare )
   - Finish more marble tracks.
   - Add small padded end blocks to put at end of tracks to slow ball bearings down!
   Build right angle frame on dolly to hold Gerald for transport and to wheel him in on at the Faire...

  NEED (Well desire): Does anyone happen to have some hard or slick inside, clear tubing with 1/2" ID? I am currently using a piece of copper tubing, but a piece of clear tubing would be really cool. Unless someone has something this will have to wait for V2..

 Capt Stabby and Barron Von PokyFace!!
 Fighting cardboard bots (that will survive the weekend!)
   Venerable Capt Stabby is in fighting form??
   The Luc is still working on the Barron. Having some radio issues.

NEED   ->> Does anyone have a 24Mhz radio and receiver that does Elevon mixing that we might use? This will be used by many kids so it needs to be something you don't mind possible getting broken!

   ToDo:
      Detach CORA (fighting cage) and load.
      Mount radio transmitters to board.
      What else??

  In general there will be stuff to do tonight at hack night to get this all together. Should be fun.

Dan

PS. Up there I'll be watching the PowerWheels racing with an eye to maybe a CGW entry next year!

--
"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory   out there - good for you.

But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of the police forces and the fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory...

Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and you pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
- Elizabeth Warren (Sept. 2011)

Sven Nelson

Jun 22, 2017, 11:37:36 AM6/22/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting that info, Dan.  I have been too busy to attend for a while, so I’m jealous to hear of all the cool things you have all been working on.  Out of town for a conference this and next week, but will be trying to get back to CGW again soon.

Cheers,
Sven
--

---