Open data hackathon

Jacob Hansson

Sep 11, 2015, 6:15:56 PM9/11/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Hey all!

I'm organizing an open data hackathon in November - which is really just a fancy way to say that I've booked the downtown incubator for a weekend to build things on the theme of Open Data. Ideally civic applications - apps, articles, machines, anything that you think would fit under the umbrella of open government data and (preferrably) that makes the world better.

You're all super invited - and there's no requirement to build software things - soldering irons are welcome as well! Maybe drone/agriculture data something something? The university has a lot of GIS info that would be ripe for combining with realtime sensor data..

Anyway, my employer is sponsoring food, demo at the end of the weekend, more info+signup here: http://opencomo.org/

/jacob