June 24 & 25 - CGW at Maker Faire KC!

Zach Zeman

Jun 15, 2017, 12:18:26 AM6/15/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com

kansascity_makerfaire_com_smaller.png
It's hard to believe, but in less than ten days, Columbia Gadget Works will be at Maker Faire Kansas City! We highly suggest that you attend and stop by our booth where we have a few fun and interactive displays planned to exhibit. Details about attending can be found on the Maker Faire Kanses City website.

Want to help out?

We are still building some of our displays for Maker Faire and will be working on them at the Open Hack Night tomorrow as well as over the weekend. If you are available, we would greatly appreciate help getting them finished so that we can have the most awesome booth possible.

Thanks! Hope to see everyone there!

-Zach

Clintin Stober

Jun 17, 2017, 2:55:53 PM6/17/17
to Columbia Gadget Works
Quick question, are any of you staying overnight in KC for the maker faire and if so, where are you staying?

Isaiah

Dan Goldstein

Jun 17, 2017, 6:36:18 PM6/17/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but​ have not made a reservation yet. Have you? Anyone? I'll start looking now

--

---

David Vogler

Jun 17, 2017, 6:38:16 PM6/17/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com

I'm interested in staying but haven't looked into accommodations yet.

---

Dan Goldstein

Jun 17, 2017, 7:14:37 PM6/17/17
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
ok, I made a reservation at

AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN AND SUITES - KANSAS CITY-DOWNTOWN

3240 Broadway Street Kansas City, MO 64111 United States

For Fri,Sat nights. Cheaper than the holiday inn. not much further.
I am sure it is proper, if not glamorous. If anyone finds something better, I can cancel.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?hotel=54757&arrive=2017-07-21&nights=2&adult=2&config=HPA&shell=Vhotels-RBE&template=VHG_RBE&utm_source=google-hpa&utm_medium=channel_connect&utm_campaign=google-hpa-54757&utm_content=mapresults

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 11:18:26 PM UTC-5, Zach wrote:

[...]

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory   out there - good for you.

But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of the police forces and the fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory...

Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and you pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
- Elizabeth Warren (Sept. 2011)