Does the laser cutter work?

Jake

Oct 9, 2016, 8:17:44 PM10/9/16
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Hey! If I wanted to cut some leather and acrylic, would the laser cutter be up for that? And, if so, could I bring a pattern on Thursday and have someone help me out?

Thanks!
Jake

Zach Zeman

Oct 9, 2016, 9:27:26 PM10/9/16
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com

The laser cutter does work! Its performance with leather is unknown, but we have cut acrylic. I can help you out with the software this Thursday.

-Zach

--

---

Brant Holeman

Matthew Little

Oct 13, 2016, 1:41:56 PM10/13/16
to Columbia Gadget Works
Thanks Brant! I believe ours is 40W, so that will be a good starting point.

---

Pabst, Bill

Nov 30, 2016, 8:52:42 AM11/30/16
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com, tlath...@gmail.com, ceol...@gmail.com

The Columbia FLL robotic competition for upper elementary through middle school youth is Dec 10, 7am-4pm at Jeff Middle School. We still need a couple judges. If you are interested I can tell you more about being a judge. To volunteer, contact Taylor Latham at
tlath...@gmail.com .

In conjunction with the competition, there will be a tech fair in the afternoon. Does CGW want to participate? I'll talk more about it Thursday evening.

Bill