Recap for an Awesome Open House and Cardboard Robot Tournament!

Zach Zeman

Sep 21, 2015, 11:20:23 PM9/21/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the hackersapce for CGW's first open house. I hope you all had a great time and learned just a little more about hacking, making, and building.

I also hope that everyone had fun at the first-ever (as far as we know, still) cardboard robot fighting tournament! In case you are interested, here is the complete tournament bracket. Be sure to check out the recap video, whether you couldn't be there in person or you just want to re-live all the excitement.

Excellent job to all of our competitors, who worked hard to build their incredible cardboard contraptions:
  • Sneaky Wild - David
  • Spinny Thing - Luc
  • ' OR 1=1 -- - Matt
  • Cheesebot - Ryan
  • Paper Machete - Zach

And huge thanks to our judges, Brad and Trevon, and our timekeeper, Cassie, who gave up a Saturday afternoon to make the whole competition work.

We plan on hosting more cardboard robot fights, so you still have a chance to build your own bot and compete. Keep watching our Twitter, Facebook, and this mailing list for more details. While you're waiting, though, go ahead and check out that awesome video. Trust me, it's worth it.

-Zach