Show and tell in the new space!

Dan Goldstein

Dec 2, 2015, 11:11:38 PM12/2/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com
Yep it's first Thursday of the month tomorrow, and we have a new Space.
So traditionally on such a confluence of times and locals one tapes and muds drywall!
And who are we to buck such rich tradition!
So drywall Thursday it will be!

As a recap and status update:
- the CGW conditioned space is built out and is drywalled, and has electric and network
wiring and outlets.
 (David I need to check with you. If it is all check out I can hook up power tomorrow)

-The access control is mounted and we have 10 keychain RFIDs. So baring unforeseen problems we should be able to set up members in good standing (paid two months, done nothing wrong..)
with RFID+code access. Yeah! (Those with keys can wait a week..see below)
-More RFID cards on the way!

Lots more to do,
Drywall tape/mud, blow insulation, finish drywall
Cover outside of S and E wall.
Put plywood on CGW conditioned space roof, so we can store stuff up there.
Setup shop equipment in unconditioned space.
Add flooring to conditioned space.
Setup benches in conditioned space.
Add lighting in conditioned space.
Drink a few beers and relax...

Dan..

--
"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory   out there - good for you.

But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of the police forces and the fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory...

Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and you pay forward for the next kid who comes along."
- Elizabeth Warren (Sept. 2011)