The CGW Cardboard Robot Fighting Championship

Zach Zeman

Aug 17, 2015, 2:09:10 PM8/17/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com

I am pleased to announce that CGW will be hosting the first-ever (as far as we can tell) cardboard robot combat tournament right here in mid-Missouri. The rules are finalized, the date is set, and the battle arena is being built. All we need is robots to fight and builders to make those bots.

That's where you come in. If you've ever been interested in robot fighting, this is your chance to get started. Go to the official website and sign up as a builder. The more bots that sign up, the more exciting the battles will be, and the more fun we'll all have.

Not sure how to get started? Have questions about what's legal? Reply with your questions here and we'll do our best to get them all answered.

The fights will be held Saturday, September 19th at the Columbia Gadget Works hackerspace. Be sure to keep an eye on this mailing list for more info, including some events to help builders get started on their first bot.

Thanks.

-Zach