Possible downtown location

Jacob Hansson

Jun 30, 2015, 5:01:19 PM6/30/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com, Stacey Button
Hey all,

I'm Jake, I was the guy with the macbook last thursday, I finally signed up for a membership :) (btw, the redirect back from PayPal to http://www.columbiagadgetworks.org/membership/successful 404s)

If you remember, I mentioned I talked to Stacey at REDI (cc'd) and that she was talking about Maker Spaces. I just talked to her again, and there seems to be a really cool opportunity here if you guys are interested. Nothing at all set in stone of course, but lots of possibilities.

Basically, the county owns a building on walnut across from the police station, and may want to make it available to be used as a maker space, and the city may have a small budget to push in. Meanwhile, REDI (which is a non-profit) is interested in making this happen since it fits their goal of helping new companies and job creation.

If you guys are interested, it'd be much better if some of you met with Stacey directly, and you can find out for yourselves if there's good overlap / what the deal is :)

/jake

Zach Zeman

Jun 30, 2015, 5:16:11 PM6/30/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com, Stacey Button
Hi Jake,

First off, thanks for the heads up about the site error. We're currently migrating servers and things can get lost in the mix.

I do remember you mentioning this opportunity and I certainly want to investigate if we can make some sort of partnership or somehow combine forces. I will take your advice and contact Stacey directly.

Thanks again, and welcome to the organization.

-Zach

--

---