Cardboard Robot Kit and Workshop

Zach Zeman

Aug 25, 2015, 7:50:21 PM8/25/15
to columbia-g...@googlegroups.com, Bryan Thompson
To help you get started on your first fighting robot, CGW is offering kits and hosting a Cardboard Robot Building Workshop on September 3rd at 7:00pm. As a group, we'll assemble an example robot that will demonstrate how straightforward robot building can be. Then, we'll work with you to help design a battle-ready robot that you can build before the competition.

The kits are available by pre-order only for $40 and include all the basics you'll need to build a pusher or wedge robot:
  •  An RC receiver system
  •  Motor Controller
  •  Motors and Wheels
RC controllers will be available for testing at the workshop and at the competition on September 19th.

If you are interested in buying a kit, respond to this email with your name and team info. We will distribute and demonstrate them at the workshop. We are very limited by our suppliers in how many kits we can put together, so they will only be available first-come, first-served as long as they last.

Assuming we have enough participants, any bots built from the kits may compete in a separate novice class at the Cardboard Robot Fighting Championships on September 19th.

Thanks.

-Zach