Is there any benefit to updating my firmware.

Garry Julian

Aug 26, 2016, 5:04:51 PM8/26/16
to colorhug-users
I've thought about updating my firmware but seeing other people have problems has made me a bit chicken. Would I see any great benefit or would I be putting myself through stress for no reason? I would appreciate hearing about peoples experiences.

Regards
Garry

Mario De Chenno

Aug 28, 2016, 3:23:23 AM8/28/16
to colorhug-users
I HAD to upgrade firmware. With the version loaded on my Colorhug2 when it was delivered a month ago, LEDs were lit wrong, an calibration failed.
With the current one the problems were fixed, and I can calibrate with gnome-color in the live CD, and with Displaycal/ArgillCMS in Fedora 24

Garry Julian

Aug 28, 2016, 6:38:32 AM8/28/16
to colorhug-users
Ok thanks for that Mario. I'm pleased it worked for you. I think I'll go down the path of while it's working I won't do anything.