Problems with "Access Failed": Change USB Cable!

joskra...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 3:50:32 AM2/13/17
to colorhug-users
Hello,

I've seen a number of messages describing random issues with Access Failed and Device Disconnect errors, across both ColorHug units. I've also seen this myself.

Try a different USB cable!  I had consistent issues with this, across two OS's (the Fedora respin included with the ColorHug as well as my own CentOS respin), trying various USB cables.  Then I tried a USB cable that had one of those ferrite chokes, it was also relatively shorter (18") than the others.  This worked great!  Even going through an external hub and extension cable, it still worked.

Richard, you might consider including USB cables that have ferrite chokes on them, with the ColorHug devices.

Cheers!
-JK