ICC Profiles won't show in CentOS 7...

joskra...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2016, 1:53:30 PM12/18/16
to colorhug-users
Hello All-

For a while I've had a couple of Acer LCD monitors and a Dell laptop screen that I calibrated with ColorHug; I used these monitors with Windows 7 and CentOS 7.  I recently upgraded to a couple of Dell monitors.  I re-did the color calibration with ColorHug.  However, for some reason I can't use the ICC files in CentOS color calibration.  No matter how I import the ICC files, they just never show up in the options for calibration profiles when I try to Add a profile to either one of those monitors.

Interestingly enough, I can see the profiles for my Acer monitors, as well as the profile for the laptop screen.  It's almost as if the ICC files were corrupted in some way.  However, when I open the ICC files by double-clicking on them, the program has no problem reading all of the information contained within.

Is there any way to enable a debug mode on the color profile picker, so I can see why they aren't showing up?

Thanks!
-JK

Richard Hughes

Dec 28, 2016, 12:29:47 PM12/28/16
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com
On 18 December 2016 at 18:51, <joskra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ICC files in CentOS color calibration. No matter how I import the ICC
> files, they just never show up in the options for calibration profiles when
> I try to Add a profile to either one of those monitors.

What version gnome-control-center and colord is being shipped in CentOS?

> Is there any way to enable a debug mode on the color profile picker, so I
> can see why they aren't showing up?

What does cd-iccdump say when you pass it the filename of the ICC profile?

Richard.