Colorhug 2, are Correction matrices available for these? How well does it work out of the box?

danas...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 1:38:13 AM1/13/16
to colorhug-users
Hello,

I am in a search for an affordable monitor calibration solution and so far I am very interested in Colorhug 2. I did a huge research on the calibration with colorimeters topic, the further the one goes the deeper and darker the forest is. having very limited knowledge, after reading and digesting new findings on the topic I came to a conclusion that most colorimeter devices use correction matrices, for example Spyder4 does use correction matrices that are provider from factory where they claim to have calibrated sensors to work with various types of dofferent screens. Since my budget doesn;t allow to play a lottery and if one device doesn;t work buy another one, I would like to know if anyone tried to calibrate these monitors on these devices:

Currently of huge importance is DELL XPS L502X FHD B+RGLED screen
Lenovo y70-50 FHD (due to many available 1080p screen for this model don't know which one from matte (none touch) screens that one has)

Asus Zenbook ux305fa 1080p IPS screen
Dell inspiron HD screen ( I suspect those economy class models all come with same cheap screen)
Samsung S27D590CS PLS screen
DELL Precision M3800

I am wondering how well does Colorhug 2 handle various screens without special correction matrices? Does it have some sort of a generic starting point to bring decent profiles that avoid red/magenta screen casts without the need to go through various trial and error procedures?  I read so many positive articles about Jencolor sensors but later on was chrushed by an article found on this google group about the same Jencolor sensor from Colorhug 2 to be very dependent on the correction matrices but on the opposite side there are articles that claim that those jencolor sensors covers color standards and they should handle various color light sources pretty well out of the box.
I am bouncing between Colormunki Display and Colorhug 2 and dismissed Spyder 4 Express since I don't trust their organic sensors life time.
Colormunki Display seems to be the best one but is very pricey to me and a bit out of my budget.
Colorhug 2 is of huge interest and makes a lot better impression than Spyder 4 Express ( availability of more measurement reading features  like latency stuff etc.)

I would appreciate your feedback regarding this.
Thank you very much for your time.
Kind regards