Last batch of ColorHugALS

Richard Hughes

Dec 29, 2016, 3:06:52 AM12/29/16
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com
I’ve got 6 more ColorHugALS devices (the ambient light sensor) in
stock. With all the supplier costs going recently up my “sell at cost
price” has turned into “make a small loss on each one” which isn’t
sustainable. It’s all OpenHardware, both hardware design and the
firmware itself so if someone wanted to start building them for sale
they would be doing it with my blessing. Of course, I’m happy to
continue supporting the existing sold devices into the future.

In part the original goal is fixed, the kernel and userspace support
for the new SensorHID protocol works great and ambient light
functionality works out of the box for more people on more hardware.
I’m slightly disappointed more people didn’t get involved in making
the ambient lighting algorithms more smart, but I guess it’s quite a
niche area of development.

If you're interested in getting one of the last 4 devices, please
visit http://www.hughski.com/colorhugals.html before 4th January.

Richard.