FW: This Week's Top Stories

Dianne Tramutola-Lawson

Mar 10, 2018, 7:43:56 PM3/10/18
to colora...@googlegroups.com

From: The Colorado Independent [mailto:ti...@coloradoindependent.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:55 PM

Subject: This Week's Top Stories

Image removed by sender.

 This week's top stories

 Democrat Cary Kennedy crushed the Colorado caucuses. What comes next?

Image removed by sender.

On Tuesday night, the former state treasurer hauled in enough votes in caucuses across the state to beat Jared Polis by a whopping 18 percent, including in Boulder, Polis's hometown.

Political reporter Corey Hutchins explains what that means, and what we can expect to happen next.

Image removed by sender.

Check it out!

Our 2018 Governor's Race site went live this week, which means you can learn about each of this year's candidates, their platforms, their answers to our questionnaire and more — all in one place. See it here

Image removed by sender.

The state oil and gas regulator, and enviro programs, likely to get a legislative lifeline

A plan to tackle budget woes at the Department of Natural Resources would keep critical environmental programs afloat, but underlying issues of volatility and uncertainty remain.

Image removed by sender.

Lawmakers again consider subjecting Colorado’s judicial branch to open records laws

Lawmakers are discussing the proposed change to the Colorado Open Records Act for the third year in a row. This year's proposal hasn't been killed by committee — at least not yet

Image removed by sender.

Littwin: Is it bigger news that Kennedy won the Democratic caucus poll or that Polis lost?

Read Littwin's columns on Tuesday's caucus results, whether a Trump-Kim partnership would be worse than what we have now, and a short take on sexual politics in the legislature

Image removed by sender.

New PERA reform proposal includes cuts to benefits, bump in worker contributions

Proposed changes to Colorado's pension fund, which currently faces a funding shortage, would cut benefits for retirees and increase contributions from workers and employers.

Image removed by sender.

Interim Manual High principal named as district begins search for permanent leader

The unexpected resignation of the school's leader late last week prompted the hiring of Renard Simmons, of Denver Center for 21st Century Learning, as the interim principal.

Image removed by sender.

Weekly Media Roundup: Who’s going to buy southern Colorado's Pueblo Chieftain?

After the death of its 92-year-old publisher, the family-owned paper is in the process of being sold to an unnamed buyer. Plus, more of this week's media news from across the state.

Image removed by sender.  Never miss a story!  Image removed by sender.

Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Spread the word.

Image removed by sender.

Support Local News!

We offer our smart, in-depth news and news commentary for free, but it's not free to produce.

Please support our nonprofit newsroom with a tax-deductible contribution today.

Know someone who should get this newsletter? Send them here

Our Contact Information
The Colorado Independent
P.O. Box 201074
Denver, CO 80220
720-432-2128

Unsubscribe | Manage email preferences

Image removed by sender. Fundraising Marketing Powered By Bloomerang

Image removed by sender.

~WRD046.jpg
image001.jpg
image002.jpg