Fwd: Child Development Worker

Harol Francisco Forero

Mar 10, 2018, 6:37:05 PM3/10/18
to Colombianos Calgary

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: harol forero <harol...@yahoo.es>
Date: March 10, 2018 at 7:42:20 AM MST
To: harol forero <harol...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Fw: Child Development Worker

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:54 AM, Calgary Kids Center Inc <calgaryk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Buenos dias  Cesar,

  Podrias por favor enviar este comunicado a la red,  es de extrema importanica conseguir a un profesional ChildDevelopment Worker o Child Development Supervisor. Solamente se tendra encuenta a las personas que tengan este certificado, emitido por Alberta Children and Youth Services.

Calgary Kids Center Inc. is a licensed program under the Alberta Child Care Licensing Act. We believe that the program is an extension of the school day. Calgary Kids Center is an approach based on love, respect and quality bilingual Spanish & English Out of School care program for children. Knowing that children learn more by exploration, we encourage children to be independent learners. We invite each child to be an active participant. We believe that each child is unique and special. We support and encourage positive relationships among children, parents and staff.

Our program is rich in discovery, fun secure and learning activities that are designed to help enhance each child’s self-esteem and sense of self-worth. Children are invited to participate in programming activities and opportunities that support their emotional, social, creative, intellectual and physical growth. The children participate in an environment that promotes active learning, autonomy, freedom, and a sense of responsibility and order. Our staffs strive to stimulate each child's natural curiosity and encourage personal expression through real experience and play.

Position Summary:
This position requires love, patience and respect for children. The teachers will model an immersive Spanish language experience for the children that encourages them to be independent while growing in discovery and behavioural skills. The teacher will also instruct children in a variety of activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual connection to the Spanish language growth following the philosophy of Calgary Kids Center.

Job Description: provider duties include but are not limited to the following:

·         SMILE!

·         Be a positive role model and mentor for children.

·         Coach, motivate and encourage.

·         Be energetic

·         Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.

·         Guide children in solving their own problems and conflicts. Serve as a neutral third party when necessary and encourage children to talk to each other to work out disagreements.

·         Be actively involved in making sure each child who enters the program is given a warm welcome as well as help getting involved in an activity.

·         Maintain staff to child ratio

·         Share skills and talents with the children by leading clubs and be prepared for club meetings.

·         Implement activities in a positive, enthusiastic, orderly manner and engage the children in conversation about their projects.

·         Actively supervise all areas of the room. Share in the responsibility to see that all areas are adequately supervised at all times and to be aware of that is happening in other areas of the program.

·         Position yourself so that you can easily see all areas of the room. Your back should never be toward the children.

·         Talk with families on an informal day to day basis, sharing positive information about their child’s day

·         Share in the responsibility of keeping supplies neat and organized.

·         Setup and cleanup of materials and tables each day.

·         Participate in the team teaching style of the program, asking for help when needed and being willing to assist others.

·         Attend center functions including all staff meetings and trainings as required

Qualification/Requirements:

·         Child Development Worker or Supervisor

·         Fluent in Spanish

·         Experience working with children ages 5-12

·         Current First Aid certificate

·         Current Police Check

·         Strong Programming skills

·         Flexible

Thank you,

Sandra Liliana  Gonzalez
Executive Director

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
This message is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity which it its addressed and may contain information that is privileged, legal and/ or confidential. the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED AND REQUESTED not use, distribute or copy  this communication or any of the information  contained in it is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately  by return e-mail and delete or destroy the original message and any attachments from your system.Calgary Kids Center thanks for your co-operation.