Questions about Asset Management/workflow

Jonathan Mickle

May 7, 2014, 5:17:17 PM5/7/14
to colli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a question I am not sure how to structure this or how to solve this with collins and am looking for help from others on how they solved it.

Basically, I need to cover the case of a Data Center ops person racking a new server and placing it into collins for asset tracking. How do you guys handle this with no CRUD operations available on the UI?

Thanks

Tom Bamford

May 9, 2014, 7:08:31 PM5/9/14
to colli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan

To solve our various use cases, we wrote our own web frontend that interfaces with the Collins JSON API. You could also make use of the collins-client CLI.

We don't even expose the Collins web UI to our DC personnel, rather we grab the asset data from the API and display it from our own web app.

Regards
Tom