Collins 1.2.4 Release

Will Richard

Mar 10, 2014, 9:52:29 AM3/10/14
to colli...@googlegroups.com
Collins 1.2.4 has been released!

This release consists of bug fixes, and whatever pull requests were accepted since v1.2.3.

You can download the latest version either from the download site (http://tumblr.github.io/collins/downloads.html) or from the Github releases page (https://github.com/tumblr/collins/releases)

  • Various documentation/labeling fixes ( #95, #94, #99, #103, #104)
  • vlan names can be optional (Chris Burroughs #93)
  • squeryl session cleanup and updated deployment automation (Dallas Marlow #109)
  • Upgraded to play 2.0.4, to handle a UTF8 issue (Dallas Marlow #108)
  • Upgraded bonecp (Dallas Marlow #110)
  • Added Metrics support (Chris Burroughs #86)
  • Added dockerfiles, so users can build and run Collins with Docker, if they choose to (Johannes 'fish' Ziemke #111)
  • Minor script fixes (Will Richard and Brent Langston #97 and #113)
  • Trim whitespace from strings before sending them to solr, to get more accurate results (Will Richard #115)
  • Update Bootstrap link in docs footer (Chris Rebert #119)
  • Don't parse config yml files if plugins are disabled (Gabe Conradi #122)
  • Allow LSHW and LLDP updates in more states (Gabe Conradi #123)
  • Accept collins asset state when doing a state update or state delete (Dallas Marlow #124)
  • Created a 'contrib' directory for helpful script for running and maintaining collins (Will Richard & Gabe Conradi #126)
  • Ensured that variables provided when using text/x-shellscript API endpoint are valid POSIX (Will Richard & Gab Conradi #129)

Thank you to everyone for their bug reports, and code submissions!

Please let me know if you are having any issues.

Also, I had a lot of trouble posting to the google group, so please jump in the IRC channel or email me if you are trying to post here but can't.

-- Will Richard