A query template to instruct my client to do a query using any of the parameters in the template w/o providing any value

Laurent Dubesset

Mar 21, 2018, 12:06:49 PM3/21/18
to Collection+JSON
Hello all,

This is my first post here so hello to very one in this group.

I'd like to know if I can create a query template to instruct my client to do a query using any of the parameters in the template w/o providing any value.
I assume the client knows the meaning, format and possible values of the parameter in the query template.
The client would then automatically fill the parameter values according to its logic.

The list of parameters are:

- Service name

- Target NF type

- Requester NF type

- S-NSSAI

- PLMN-ID of the target NF

- PLMN-ID of the requester NF

- DNN/DNAI

- User Location Information (e.g, TAI, Cell ID…)

- Target NF Instance ID

- SUPI

I'd like to know if the following query template would be semantically correct and would be interpreted by the clients as explained above.

"queries" : [
{"rel" : "search", "href" : "http://{apiRoot}/nrf-disc/v1/nf-instances/search,
"data" : [
{"name" : "serviceName", "value" : "", "required" : "true"},
{"name" : "targetNFType", "value" : "", "required" : "true"},
{"name" : "nfType", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "sNssai", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "requesterNFPlmnId", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "targetNFPlmnId", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "dnnList", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "userLocationInfo", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "targetNFinstanceId", "value" : ""},
{"name" : "SUPI", "value" : ""},
]
}
]

If not can you tell me if this is possible and how the query template shall be encoded?

We are currently designing an API and I would like to convince the group to use collection+JSON media and its template query capability to make the API more futur proof.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards

mca

Mar 21, 2018, 2:22:26 PM3/21/18
to collect...@googlegroups.com
Yes, what you have here is a valid query template. You do not need to include values in templates if you don't want to.