What is “version” property of Collection+JSON

Petr Žďárský

Mar 25, 2015, 4:31:51 AM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
I am reading some info about Collection+JSON. And i have found that every collection needs to have version property. But from the docs it is not clear to me what it should have contain.

The version SHOULD be a child property of the collection collection element.
It SHOULD be a STRING data type. For this release, the version SHOULD be set to 1.0.

So what is that value? Is it version of Collection+JSON format, or version of my API ?

mca

Mar 25, 2015, 4:40:14 AM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com

Its the format version, not the version of the API you are implementing.

Petr Žďárský

Mar 25, 2015, 4:41:14 AM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I thought so, but was not sure.

S pozdravem
Petr Žďárský

mca

Mar 25, 2015, 5:00:13 AM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com

Right, the docs are weak there. Feel free to add it as an issue in the git repo and I'll update the docs.

Love to hear about what you're working on, too.

Cheers.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Petr Žďárský

Mar 25, 2015, 7:14:48 AM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
I am just doing some research about few HyperMedia types and their comparision for my bachelor project. Unfortunately I am using HAL media type in my application, but Collection+JSON looks really nice maybe even better than HAL. Collection+JSON is definitely is in top 2. Other format seems to me too complex and not easy to read.

mca

Mar 25, 2015, 12:54:47 PM3/25/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
all sounds good. feel free to post questions & comments here any time.

would be great to see the results of your research when it's done, too.

cheers.