Starting work on a Haskell Collection+JSON library

Daniel Choi

Mar 12, 2015, 12:16:50 AM3/12/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
I started work on a Haskell library: https://github.com/danchoi/collection-json.hs/blob/master/Text/JSON/CollectionJSON/Types.hs

So far it's just the specification data types and support for JSON serialization and deserialization. I welcome suggestions about what else a library like this should provide. I'm interested in eventually adding a HTTP client that can browse live Collection+JSON APIs and maybe also something for auto-generating a web server REST API via the Network.Wai APIs.

mca

Mar 12, 2015, 6:10:16 PM3/12/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
very cool.

feel free to post Qs and make suggestions here as you deal w/ Cj.

once you have a working lib, we can link it into the collection-json github org, too.

looking forward to your contribution.

cheers.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:16 AM, Daniel Choi <dhc...@gmail.com> wrote:
I started work on a Haskell library: https://github.com/danchoi/collection-json.hs/blob/master/Text/JSON/CollectionJSON/Types.hs

So far it's just the specification data types and support for JSON serialization and deserialization. I welcome suggestions about what else a library like this should provide. I'm interested in eventually adding a HTTP client that can browse live Collection+JSON APIs and maybe also something for auto-generating a web server REST API via the Network.Wai APIs.

Daniel Choi

Mar 13, 2015, 7:17:53 AM3/13/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com

Actually, it is a working library already, similar to other Haskell libraries on Hackage that provide data types and JSON serialization and deserialization definition.

If there's some other baseline functionality I'm missing, please let me know and I'll work on it.

mca

Mar 13, 2015, 2:11:54 PM3/13/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
ha!

Daniel:
sorry, didn't mean to imply this is "unfinished work" -- i just don't have a good eye for haskell. looking forward to seeing this in the Cj org at github.

Cameron Bytheway: Can you help Daniel get his repo connected to the main cj org at github? let me know if you need anything from me on that.

cheers.

Andrew Kuklewicz

Mar 13, 2015, 3:40:21 PM3/13/15
to collect...@googlegroups.com
Happy to see you on the Cj list Dan!

If this is anything like the other work I have seen from Dan, I'm sure this will be a boon for haskellers everywhere.

Cheers,

 - Andrew

Daniel Choi

Mar 14, 2015, 1:15:15 PM3/14/15