[contentbox-3.0.0-rc]: How to integrate ContentBox's blog to ColdBox app.

Ancient Programmer

May 18, 2016, 10:52:40 PM5/18/16
to ColdBox Platform
I have a site built using ColdBox 4; and I am interested in integrating the blog feature from ContentBox 3 to the site. I was wondering if possible to achieve that. Do I just copy the ContentBox modules to the main site?

Another thing that I wanted to mention, when I tried to install ContentBox 3 using CommandBox, the install wizard stopped on URL Rewrites page. Nothing happened when I clicked on "Start Installation".

Thank you.

AJ Mercer

May 18, 2016, 11:53:40 PM5/18/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
I got a 'warning' that password was too short
I found once I met password criteria it installed.

Also, when I did box start friendly URLS worked
When I did
    box start --rewritesEnable
it over the WEB-INF\urlrewrite.xml and stopped working.
I put back the original file and started working again.

br...@bradwood.com

May 19, 2016, 12:04:51 AM5/19/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
The short answer is you just need to dump in the modules.  The longer answer is you also need some rigging in Application.cfc for the ORM settings and you most likely want to tweak the module entry point in the UI module so it doesn't take over the whole app.  Running through the installer first in a normal install should help get the database created and populated, etc.

Not sure about your error.  Was there a javascript error on the page?  Perhaps a validation error on a previous screen (they're hidden divs if I recall)

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

May 19, 2016, 9:44:18 AM5/19/16
to ColdBox Platform
Sweet... Thanks, guys.

br...@bradwood.com

May 19, 2016, 9:47:49 AM5/19/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
Can you tell us what browser you're on?  We're checking into the issue you reported with the installation button not working.  Some of us have been able to reproduce it.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

May 19, 2016, 11:27:12 AM5/19/16
to ColdBox Platform
I found the same issue,
We have tracked it down to possibly be a validation error not showing correctly.

We're working on this now.
Thanks for the feedback

Luis Majano

May 19, 2016, 4:10:10 PM5/19/16
to coldbox
Issues resolved.  It now takes you to the right tab to fix your validation issues.

Ancient Programmer

May 20, 2016, 1:36:53 AM5/20/16
to ColdBox Platform
Yes, it fixed; and I was able to install the ContentBox.

Brad, I used Opera browser v.36. I believed Opera uses the same browser engine as Chrome.