[Coldbox 4] Coldbox 4 with Relax

Ryan Hinton

Apr 28, 2015, 2:37:40 PM4/28/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have watched a REST video pertaining to Relax from CBDW2014 and it was mentioned that Relax is not yet supported in Coldbox 4.
I was reading through the Relax documents (http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/Projects:Relax.cfm) and noticed it is still mentioning that it is supporting Coldbox 3.5.  At the top of this page, it mentions that updated material is located in https://www.gitbook.com/@ortus with no mention that I could find about Relax.

Is wiki documentation for Relax the latest documentation?  Also, is Relax still not supported in Coldbox 4?

Thank you for your time!
Ryan Hinton

br...@bradwood.com

Apr 28, 2015, 2:50:45 PM4/28/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yes, relax supports ColdBox 4.0 now.  Here is the ticket to add that support:

The old Wiki documentation is for the 3.x version of ColdBox so it probably won't get updated.  I don't know if Luis has created a "new" location for the Relax docs yet.  We're still transitioning everything over to GitBooks and the Relax module falls in a weird group of modules that aren't part of any of the core frameworks so we're not sure where to put the docs.

The last time Luis and I talked about it we discussed just using the GitHub wikis for these smaller libraries, which would be located here:

Obviously, nothing has been added yet for Relax so I guess as they say, "watch this space" :)

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Apr 28, 2015, 3:10:35 PM4/28/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brad,

OK, thank you, Brad.

Just my two cents worth a grain of salt, maybe attempting to keep things as simple as possible would be best by placing all of the documentation that Ortus offers under one website umbrella that a developer can find by only needing to remember one website URL. Maybe having links or a menu of available module documentations located somewhere on your core gitbooks website could suffice?

Thank you for the links and quick response!
Ryan Hinton

br...@bradwood.com

Apr 28, 2015, 3:19:00 PM4/28/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the input Ryan!  I agree that there should still be an easy way to find each set of docs.  We are actually in a process of consolidating all our projects under the Ortus site to help bring everything together in one place.  We will certainly make sure documentation links are easy to find, even if they point somewhere off site.