Chrome and Firefox - ColdBox SEEK 4.3.0+188 Nehemiah

Jonathan Perret

Jan 5, 2018, 12:48:28 AM1/5/18
to ColdBox Platform, Steve Allison
I've upgraded my app to 4.3 and I'm seeing login issues only with Chrome and Firefox. Safari and IE work fine. It's like the login information for the user isn't being saved. So my code takes you back to login. The messagebox is never displayed either. Is there some bug I'm hitting? Again it works fine in browsers other than Chrome and Firefox so it doesn't seem app related.

If you want to see it go here

put in a bogus username and password like test and test. You should get a messagebox saying that it wasn't correct. If you try different browsers you receive different results.

Crazy. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Jonathan

Ancient Programmer

Jan 5, 2018, 11:42:20 AM1/5/18
to ColdBox Platform
You might want to trace your code and see if the flow works as expected. You could you use built-in LogBox in 4.3; and place log.debug("some message"); in your code.

Matt Quackenbush

Jan 5, 2018, 11:53:28 AM1/5/18
to col...@googlegroups.com
Works for me on Linux with Vivaldi, Firefox, Chrome, or Chromium. Also works on Android (7.0) with Chrome or Ghostery.

Jonathan Perret

Jan 5, 2018, 3:07:29 PM1/5/18
to ColdBox Platform, Steve Allison
It's strange. It seems to be just some users. Like some crazy caching issue. It works sometimes on my Macbook with Chrome and Firefox. Never have an issue with Safari.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this autocomplete issue in the console.

Seems to work if I login from Chrome as a user that I have never used before.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM, Jonathan Perret <jonatha...@evengame.com> wrote:
It's strange. It seems to be just some users. Like some crazy caching issue. It works sometimes on my Macbook with Chrome and Firefox. Never have an issue with Safari.

Jonathan Perret
EvenGame, Inc.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 2.06.04 PM.png

Matt Quackenbush

Jan 5, 2018, 3:34:34 PM1/5/18
to col...@googlegroups.com
The link you posted is for Chromium, the open source port of Chrome. It may or may not be applicable to Chrome itself.

I also tried on a Mac, and it worked as expected in Chrome and Firefox.