[coldbox 3.8] CF admin scheduled task with ColdBox apps using solitary security module

Yieng

Dec 9, 2016, 12:05:22 AM12/9/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi,

I have developed an app in ColdBox 3.8 which uses the solitary security module. I want to setup a scheduled task in CF admin to regularly gather some statistics and email them out.
The ColdBox app is secured (i.e. need to login), and use the Solitary security module with an XML that specifies the rules.

I've created a view that generates and sends out the email (and have white-listed the required page/method/path). This works (i.e. stats gathered, and email sent) in a browser (IE, Firefox, chrome, etc). However if I use the same URL and scheduled a task to run in CF admin, the email doesn't get created and sent. The task was successfully activated though.

What could be wrong? Maybe there is a better way to achieve this? I am open to suggestion.

Thanks.

br...@bradwood.com

Dec 9, 2016, 12:29:03 AM12/9/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
Save the output of the task to a file so you can see what happened. Also, try wrapping the logic in a try catch and log the exception in case it's erroring out.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp