Coldbox WebDAV module

Tom Miller

Jul 27, 2015, 5:57:43 PM7/27/15
to ColdBox Platform
Hey everyone. We've opened up our WebDAV module for public use.

Feel free to grab it, use it and improve it. We included a fileSystem provider (which lists/edits the lucee temp directory) to get people started, but the obvious power is when you create your own providers. Its very basic at present, but supports most of the webdav protocol (GET, PUT, MKCOL, PROPFIND, DELETE, LIST etc.etc). If anyone has any improvements I'd be happy to see/implement them.

Our app has over 140k documents, and using this we can give our clients direct desktop network drive access to all these documents and allow them to edit in place, drag and drop files and folders, move things around and edit them; everything they expect from a fully functioning network drive.

You don't need to really do anything other than drop the module in, and customize it how you want. You do need to (perhaps) adjust some coldbox settings and rewrite rules - details of which are in the readme.

Of course, you can get funky and return anything that fits into a file/folder hierarchy. You could easily add custom routes, and return data other than files - an example might be a list of contacts in departments, with a list of dynamically created vCards etc etc. Another example might be to use it like a virtual file system (as we do), but add some custom routes for "document updated this week" or something similar. The sky is the limit! :)

Anyway, enjoy, and give me a shout if you have any questions.

Tom.

Tom Miller

Jul 27, 2015, 6:03:23 PM7/27/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Sorry posted this to the wrong group!

But feel free help yourself anyway if anyone is interested...

Tom Miller

Managing Director

DDI: 020 719 33777

email: tom.m...@ebiz.uk

eBiz

Centurion House, London Road, Staines, TW18 4AX

Tel: 08448 045046

web: ebiz.uk | www.facebook.com/eBizUK | www.twitter.com/eBizUK

Information contained in this communication may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. Neither eBiz | interactive business solutions nor the author accepts legal liability for the contents of this message. If you receive this communication in error please advise us at pri...@ebiz.co.uk

Whilst we run anti-virus software we are not liable for any loss/damage sustained as a result of software viruses. The recipients are advised to run their own anti-virus software

Luis Majano

Jul 28, 2015, 12:04:22 PM7/28/15
to coldbox