[coldbox:3.8] Application Requires ReInit if not accessed after about 10 minutes.

Jason Morris

Dec 15, 2016, 11:12:43 PM12/15/16
to ColdBox Platform

We've setup a new server (Lucee 5.1) and moved an existing coldbox application to it.

The site runs fine, however if the site is not accessed for a number of minutes (about 15 or so), when we go back to the site it hangs for about 30 seconds then returns the below error.

The only way to get passed this error is to ?fwreinit=pw .. which reloads the app and all is fine again.  Obviously can't make the site live until this is resolved.

Any ideas on what we are missing?  Is there a config setting that could be causing this?

Many Thanks in Advance for any pointers!!

MessageNo matching Method/Function for Number.getExceptionService() found
StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
[site-root]/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 145
143: <!--- Trap Framework Errors --->
144: <cfcatch type="any">
145: <cfset exceptionService = cbController.getExceptionService()>
146: <cfset exceptionBean = exceptionService.ExceptionHandler(cfcatch,"framework","Framework Initialization/Configuration Exception")>
147: <cfoutput>#exceptionService.renderBugReport(ExceptionBean)#</cfoutput>

Jason

br...@bradwood.com

Dec 15, 2016, 11:17:57 PM12/15/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
I've never seen anything like that.  The cbcontroller variable looks to be a number!  Can you check and make sure no Lucee debugging settings are on as they can really slow down a server.  Also, try catching the error and dumping out the contents of the application scope as a test.

I haven't done much testing on Lucee 5.1.  Can you try 5.0 and see if the same issues are there.  Also, what does FusionReactor show the threads are doing while it is hanging for 30 seconds?  What is your application timeout set to?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Dec 16, 2016, 4:05:20 PM12/16/16
to ColdBox Platform

Been meaning to setup and get my head around Fusion Reactor for a while but just never got around to it.  This is the chance.. will install and do some inspection over next couple of days.

All debugging on Lucee is turned off.

Also getting the below error occasionally when attempt to load site pre ?fwreinit

Will update with Fusion Reactor findings shortly.

a timeout occurred after 30 seconds trying to acquire a read-only lock with name [E45060C71C32BD0EDF58427C1F6B4106].
StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
[siteroot]/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 439
437: <cfset var cbController = "">
438:
439: <cflock type="readonly" name="#getAppHash()#" timeout="#instance.lockTimeout#" throwontimeout="true">
440: <cfset cbController = application[locateAppKey()]>
441: </cflock>

called from /var/www/sites.membes.com.au/Application.cfc: line 87