[coldbox-3.7.0] > [coldbox-4.3.0]

Garrett Neisler

Feb 12, 2018, 12:22:49 PM2/12/18
to ColdBox Platform
I am trying to update our coldbox instance to 4.3.0 and have run into an issue I can't get around.  CSS and JS are not loading from a simple link tag.

I know this might be something simple, but have not found it as of yet.  Any help is appreciated.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/includes/css/main.css"/>
  • Will not load in Coldbox 4.3.0, it will load using 3.7.0
  • Path is correct as it works in 3.7.0
  • addAsset does work from handler.
  • Log statement works from right before call.
  • Wont work on a clean startup, so pretty sure view is not cached.
Didn't see anything in the 4.0 upgrade guide that highlights something like this, so not sure what I am missing.

Does 4.3.0 use elixir out of the box to the point where I can't load css through a link?  Is there a way to override this and not use elixir (Not quite ready for it)

Thank you,
Garrett Neisler

Eric Peterson

Feb 12, 2018, 12:26:38 PM2/12/18
to col...@googlegroups.com
Elixir is not a requirement for ColdBox.  What errors (if any) are in your browser console?

Cheers,
Eric

Ancient Programmer

Feb 12, 2018, 1:27:25 PM2/12/18
to ColdBox Platform
You could try to create a virtual directory that maps to /includes OR add <base href="#event.getHTMLBaseURL()#" /> inside <head> tag in your layout.

Garrett Neisler

Feb 13, 2018, 4:30:17 PM2/13/18
to ColdBox Platform
The only browser console error I have is because Jquery i undefined (since its not loaded) .
No CF Console Error or Coldbox Log error.