[ColdBox 4.2.0] Invalid Module Event Called error logging

Jamie Salvatori

Jul 19, 2016, 11:43:55 PM7/19/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi,

If a visitor to our site (or a bot), visits a URL and adds a non-existent module name/route after the module separator (:), the handlerService.cfc (coldbox/system/web/services) logs an error (see line 277):

instance.log.error( "Invalid Module Event Called: #arguments.event#. The module: #moduleReceived# is not valid. Valid Modules are: #structKeyList(moduleSettings)#" );

I'm curious if there is a way to turn this off (without modifying the core coldbox code) since this error is polluting our database error logs with erroneous module requests. I will admit that I don't understand logBox well enough to know if there is a simple way to do so from the coldbox configuration cfc.

Thanks for any help,
Jamie

br...@bradwood.com

Jul 20, 2016, 12:45:34 PM7/20/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to turn off logging for that logging category.  Each CFC in the framework gets its own logger named after the CFC path, so the logging category is probably something like "coldbox.system.web.services.handlerservice".  Check the actual log output to confirm.

  off    = ["coldbox.system.web.services.handlerservice"]

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp