[Coldbox-2.64] Timeout attempting to lock WireBox...

RobG

Jan 13, 2017, 12:48:11 PM1/13/17
to ColdBox Platform
I'm getting this error when trying to bring up a fairly complex ColdBox app on my local machine (a Windows 7 box):

A timeout occurred while attempting to lock WireBox.Singleton.securityService
The error occurred in C:/MyApp/coldbox/system/ioc/scopes/Singleton.cfc: line 37

I've tried editing the timeout in the cflock in that file (up to 120 seconds) but it still times out, so I'm guessing there's a deeper problem.

This is an older Coldbox app; I'm guessing it's v2.64 since the dates in some of the core files are from 2007.

I'm trying to get it working locally because we only have a single development server, and too often developers step on each others' toes. So I have a local copy of its database running too.  I'm running CF2016 Developer version.

Any ideas please? :)

Rob

br...@bradwood.com

Jan 13, 2017, 1:12:38 PM1/13/17
to col...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that you have more than one request running.  The first one is taking a long time to complete and is blocking other requests from running.

Can you check some stack traces with Fusion Reactor and see what they're doing while running for that long?  If your local machine just isn't very fast, you may need to make sure you only hit one page until it's had a chance to bring up the framework before you hit it with more requests.  Also, check to make sure you don't have any dev settings like config auto reload enabled as they cause the entire framework to reload on every request.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Jan 13, 2017, 1:24:27 PM1/13/17
to col...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brad...

I don't have Fusion Reactor, and there shouldn't be more than one request going on. It's basically just trying to bring the app up at all.  It's entirely on my local machine and I'm the only one using it.  The machine is an i7-860, 2.8 GHz and has 8 gig of RAM.  Task Manager seems to indicate that it's a quad-core box since it shows eight CPU graphs.

I tried it again.  I think it got farther this time.. now it's timing out in coldbox/system/web/context/exceptionBean.cfc line 158.

CPU usage is minimal while watching it run... memory is fairly high though.  Maybe I need to request more memory in this machine.

Rob

Jan 13, 2017, 1:34:49 PM1/13/17
to col...@googlegroups.com
That error indicates that there has to be more than one request running since locks can only be blocked by another request.  If you have CF enterprise, you can use the built in monitor, just don't enable any memory profiling.  FR has a developer license that's like $200 bucks now.   You're really just stumbling around in the dark without it.