[Coldbox 4] Sublime or Coldfusion Builder

reliablewebapp

May 1, 2015, 9:36:05 AM5/1/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. I am moving from Model-Glue to Coldbox and have been using Dreamweaver. I see that there are two IDE's for Coldbox; one for Sublime and one for ColdFusion Builder.

I am curious if you have suggestions on what would be best for programming with Coldbox and "box" frameworks. After a brief look a the two, it seems like Sublime is easier to get started but may not have all the utilities that ColdFusion Builder has.

Thank you,

Jake

br...@bradwood.com

May 1, 2015, 9:56:52 PM5/1/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jake, I use CF Builder, and for the most part it works fine.  I also do some Java dev so I like the tools built in for that and I enjoy some of the existing Git and SVN plugins.  If you're not used to a "heavy" IDE, Sublime will probably be a little easier to get used to.  The other reason I liked Builder was for the ColdBox Platform Utilities, but a lot of that stuff is now covered in Forgebox like site scaffolding and forgebox integration.  We have code complete libraries for both, so no worries there.

I'd recommend giving them both a go for a week to see which one suits you best.  You can use Adobe CF Builder for free indefinitely.  It will nag you once each time it opens and some features will be removed, but the rest will keep working.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp