[ColdBox-4.3.0]: Event Caching issue

Bill Munsell

Oct 26, 2016, 11:30:18 AM10/26/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi all, I am currently migrating a production json api site to the cloud, old box is running CF10(latest updates) with Coldbox 3.8 and our new cloud instance is also running CF10 latest but we decided to upgrade Coldbox to the latest release. Most of our feeds are database based and are running fine on the new instance but we have a couple of feeds that are consuming and adjusting Wordpress json feeds. These feeds are throwing a generic error of:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at cfBootstrap2ecfc571271928$funcPROCESSCOLDBOXREQUEST.runFunction(D:\web\coldbox\system\Bootstrap.cfc:241)

I did some digging and saw that my structure was in rc as expected, prc is also populated with my data in prc.cbox_renderdata So I looked at line 241 in Bootstrap.cfc and saw that it was event caching, turned of event caching in my coldbox config, that got rid of the error and all pages render fine. I'm wondering if this might be a JRE issue? but I mentioned Wordpress because the only difference i can see between it and the database feeds is the use of HTML Entities like
”

Here is a stacktrace:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at coldfusion.jsp.ServletResponseWrapper.getContentType(ServletResponseWrapper.java:102) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor216.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at coldfusion.runtime.StructBean.invoke(StructBean.java:508) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2461) at cfBootstrap2ecfc571271928$funcPROCESSCOLDBOXREQUEST.runFunction(D:\web\coldbox\system\Bootstrap.cfc:241) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368) at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2655) at cfApplication2ecfc1989992443$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(D:\web\json.mmafeeds.com\app\Application.cfc:31) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368) at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321) at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444) at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414) at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.invoke(AppEventInvoker.java:108) at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onRequestStart(AppEventInvoker.java:278) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:419) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:79) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor87.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filterchain.WrappedFilterChain.doFilter(WrappedFilterChain.java:134) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filter.FusionReactorRequestHandler.doNext(FusionReactorRequestHandler.java:802) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filter.FusionReactorRequestHandler.doHttpServletRequest(FusionReactorRequestHandler.java:339) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filter.FusionReactorRequestHandler.doFusionRequest(FusionReactorRequestHandler.java:215) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filter.FusionReactorRequestHandler.handle(FusionReactorRequestHandler.java:839) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filter.FusionReactorCoreFilter.doFilter(FusionReactorCoreFilter.java:36) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor86.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.j2ee.filterchain.WrappedFilterChain.doFilter(WrappedFilterChain.java:71) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor85.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.agent.filter.FusionReactorStaticFilter.doFilter(FusionReactorStaticFilter.java:53) at com.intergral.fusionreactor.agent.pointcuts.NewFilterChainPointCut$1.invoke(NewFilterChainPointCut.java:41) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:956) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:450) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:197) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

br...@bradwood.com

Oct 26, 2016, 12:34:49 PM10/26/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
That line of code appears to be this:

getPageContext().getResponse().getContentType()

I've no clue why it would throw that exception, but it's coming from an Adobe class, so I can't look at the source code :/  Is there anything special or different to how this server is deployed in regards to Tomcat, etc?  Are you on the latest JRE?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Oct 26, 2016, 2:19:12 PM10/26/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi Brad, we are just using the underlying version on CF which is JRE 7 and do not have it installed separately, could that be the issue? Old server is running Server 2003 R2, new stuff is running 2008 R2 but other than that they should be identical.

br...@bradwood.com

Oct 26, 2016, 2:51:30 PM10/26/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
It would be worth upgrading to java 8, but it's really just a process of elimination since I've never seen that issue.  It's def coming from inside the CF engine.

I would also recommend just trying that code in a stand-alone .cfm file outside ColdBox and see if it errors.  If so, you may be able to bug Adobe's installation support directly to see if this is a known issue.
Dec 2, 2016, 12:07:53 PM12/2/16
to coldbox
Can you send me a reproducible case please