CommandBox 3.8 and SSL on Windows 10

Scott Stroz

Aug 4, 2017, 1:18:15 PM8/4/17
to ColdBox Platform
I am trying to run CommandBox 3.8 (I updated to latest today) on Windows 10.

When I start the server with SSL enabled and try to navigate to a page on port 1443 I see the following in my browser

Here is my server.json file

{

    "name":"Redacted",

    "app":{

        "cfengine":"adobe@11"

    },

    "web":{

        "webroot":"wwwroot",

        "http":{

            "port":"8081",

            "enable":false

        },

        "aliases":{

            "images":"C:/Sites/redacted/images"

        },

        "SSL":{

            "enable":true

        }

    },

    "JVM":{

        "heapSize":"1024"

    },

    "trayOptions":[

        {

            "label":"Redacted"

        }

    ]

}

Am I missing something?

Jon Clausen

Aug 4, 2017, 1:21:16 PM8/4/17
to col...@googlegroups.com

Scott, I don’t see port 1443 defined as `web.SSL.port` in your server.json provided. You will need to specify that as the port.

Jon Clausen

Aug 4, 2017, 1:24:24 PM8/4/17
to col...@googlegroups.com

BTW, if you want to use SSL with an Adobe engine, you will need to add the following JVM arguments to your server.json file:

"jvm" : {

        "args" : "-Dcom.sun.net.ssl.enableECC=false"

}

There is a known issue with the Elliptic Curve cryptography, which will prevent your browser from serving the page.   Disabling prevents the browser from blocking the request.

br...@bradwood.com

Aug 4, 2017, 1:33:43 PM8/4/17
to col...@googlegroups.com
Jon, port 1443 is the default SSL port, so it should be picked up even if Scott didn't specify it.  There's a good chance that JVM arg is the issue.  I'd run a --console --debug start to see if any errors appear in the output as documented here:

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox/CommandBox Developer Advocate
Ortus Solutions, Corp