Cachebox Couchbase Provider?

chris17

Jun 24, 2016, 12:24:59 PM6/24/16
to ColdBox Platform
Considering the recent release of CFCouchbase 2, does anyone know if a Cachebox CouchbaseProvider is under development?

Luis Majano

Jun 24, 2016, 12:28:15 PM6/24/16
to coldbox
Chris,

We do, but it is a ColdBox 4 module now.

So the only caveat, is that you must be using ColdBox
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:24 AM, chris17 <cmic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Considering the recent release of CFCouchbase 2, does anyone know if a Cachebox CouchbaseProvider is under development?

chris17

Jun 24, 2016, 1:18:37 PM6/24/16
to ColdBox Platform
Thanks for the very fast reply and link. I took a look at the code - if I am not mistaken, it looks like it uses the older 1.x Couchbase SDK rather than the 2.x jars included in CFCouchbase. So is the reason for the change only to make the provider modular?

Luis Majano

Jun 28, 2016, 11:22:01 AM6/28/16
to coldbox
Yes,

It just makes it easier to plug and play when you reuse the ColdBox eco-system.  With the release of CFCouchbase 2, we will update this as well.