[ColdBox 4.3.0] Where is the 4.3.0 full documentation?

Dave Merrill

Sep 19, 2017, 10:27:28 PM9/19/17
to ColdBox Platform
I found intro docs here: https://www.gitbook.com/book/ortus/coldbox-platform-documentation/details; that says it's "Intro to ColdBox v4.3.0".

But when I switch the language to Full Docs, it says its "ColdBox Manual - Version 5.0.0".

Are the full 4.3.0 docs still available somewhere?

Luis Majano

Sep 20, 2017, 12:02:25 PM9/20/17
to ColdBox Platform
They are still there, we are starting to work on the new docs.

Luis Majano
CEO
Ortus Solutions, Corp

Dave Merrill

Sep 21, 2017, 5:57:12 AM9/21/17
to ColdBox Platform
What do you mean, "they're still there"? Seems like the docs at that URL are gradually transitioning to 5.0, which I'm not using.

Is there an URL or download location for docs for the current release, that will continue to be for 4.x?

Thanks.

Ancient Programmer

Sep 21, 2017, 12:34:19 PM9/21/17
to ColdBox Platform
https://www.gitbook.com/book/ortus/coldbox-platform-documentation/details
Select Full Docs and download the PDF

I hope that helps.

Dave Merrill

Sep 22, 2017, 2:49:11 PM9/22/17
to ColdBox Platform
Did you try that? Those docs say they're 5.0.0.

No idea what other changes from 4.x there are so far, but the bigger concern is that the 5.x docs will continue to diverge from it as time goes on, making them less and less useful for 4.x work.

Ancient Programmer

Sep 23, 2017, 3:40:32 AM9/23/17
to ColdBox Platform
As far as I know, the current doc still applies to version 4.3. Only one page, "Upgrading to ColdBox 5" that concerning version 5; and that is still work-in-progress.
I know it's confusing. Ideally, the doc should not mention version 5 until the framework is officially launched.

Perhaps, ColdBox team can clarify.