[ColdBox 4.2.0] SES Module URLs

Marc Rohrer

Jun 14, 2016, 11:02:42 PM6/14/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hello,

I have installed ColdBox 4.2.0 using Advanced templates. I've been testing the modules feature, specifically for SES URLs. I seem to be having some issues with getting to a specific action. To help, I was reference some of the module videos for a year or two ago. Specifically when discussing the entry point and the routes. All that functionality works, but when I try to create a second function in the handler and call it by module/handler/action, it goes to the application default home page.

My module is "test", my handler is "myHandler" and then I have actions of "index" and "hello". The entryPoint is "test". I have tested the routes for both pattern="/", handler="myHandle",action="index" and pattern="/", handler="myHandle",action="hello". I also tested route for pattern="/qidata", handler="myHandle",action="index". I have also tested using the following URL "index.cfm/test:myHandle.index" which took me to the page I wanted. But when testing "index.cfm/test/myHandle/index", that is when I get directed to the home page of the application.

I not sure what needs to be configured to get SES working. Looking at the SES documents, it sounded like this would work right away. I saw some configurations for the web server, but I'm assuming that would be for more finite control, such as removing the index.cfm from the URL.

Any help would be appreciated in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Marc

br...@bradwood.com

Jun 15, 2016, 10:09:56 AM6/15/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
You switched a lot between "MyHandler" and "myHandle".  Was that just a typo in your email?  Also, can you show your ModuleConfig.cfc? I'm unclear on whether you have added routes or are just using the default.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Jun 15, 2016, 11:06:50 AM6/15/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi Brad,

Yes, that was a typo on my part, sorry. Also I found my problem with what you wrote about using the default routes. While testing, I had commented out the default route while adding others. I just needed to uncomment the default route and it worked fine.

Thanks for you help!

Marc

Marc Rohrer

Jun 15, 2016, 12:48:17 PM6/15/16
to ColdBox Platform
Hi Brad,

Does ColdBox's SES have the ability to do dynamic mapping? We've been using Helicon Ape to handle our SES URLs on other CF sites. We have a database table that maps the CF URL to the SES URL. Therefore, using the same action and unique IDs, we can map to unique URLs. For example /living-with-cancer.html > index.cfm?action=content.main&page=214. Most of the SES URLs are based on page title.

I rather handle this within the application to be consistent, instead of part in the app and part with Helicon. And we don't need .html, it could be /living-with-cancer > index.cfm/content/main/id/214

Thank you,
Marc

br...@bradwood.com

Jun 15, 2016, 1:46:40 PM6/15/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
Sure, you just need to map to a handler that does the DB lookup and then runs the correct event.  This is basically what ContentBox does.