Coming soon(ish): CodeWorld, the textbook!

Chris Smith

Aug 13, 2014, 11:49:47 PM8/13/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'd like to share some exciting news about CodeWorld. Aaron Spencer,
a math teacher from Tennessee, has been hard at work on a textbook for
CodeWorld. It's still very early days for this project, but I wanted
to let you all know about it... AND ask for your help!

A first draft of the text is available at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NbMtySIDNK40Bk4ImrUAE95S1pZSwP1XQQNqv3TRl3g/edit,
with live comments enabled. Please make use of those comments, and
let us know:

1. Your ideas for improving the text, whatever they are.
2. What you found easy to understand, and what was confusing.
3. What surprised you -- both good and bad!
4. Any ideas for cool projects, activities, or anything else to spice
up the learning process and keep things fun.

Do keep in mind that we're very early in the process, so this is still
a rough draft at this point. Don't expect perfection yet... but your
input is more valuable than ever!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Chris Smith

Aug 13, 2014, 11:58:06 PM8/13/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
"Soon" might have been an exaggeration. :)

You can use what's there any time you like, of course! But as far as
completing the book, I think that will probably happen next summer. I
plan to teach from it this school year, and share my experience with
Aaron to help mold the final product. Next summer, we'll expect to be
handling the final revision, typesetting and publishing.