codeworld on AWS

Tim Docker

Jul 4, 2014, 7:08:23 AM7/4/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
I found these instructions for setting up codeworld a little light on details:

https://github.com/google/codeworld/blob/master/README.md

Here’s a complete record of everything I had to do to get the system up and running on an AWS instance running amazon linux:

https://gist.github.com/timbod7/54c95ae537f01461bac3

Hopefully others may find this useful. I’d love to know if any of these steps can be made faster or simplified.

Tim

Chris Smith

Jul 4, 2014, 1:45:24 PM7/4/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Tim, this is great! Do you mind if I make some changes (such as an
option to use apt-get instead of yum) and add it to the repository?

Tim Docker

Jul 4, 2014, 9:26:03 PM7/4/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com

Of course.. Go ahead.

The script worked fine early yesterday just pulling HEAD from the appropriate git branches. It subsequently broke due to new commits. I tried to lock things down by referencing specific commits, but this didn't work as "ghcjs-boot --dev" pulls the latest from several git repos in any case.

It does seen that ghcjs is currently a slightly fragile dependency under active development. Hopefully it will all settle down soon.

Tim

Chris Smith

Jul 4, 2014, 9:36:06 PM7/4/14
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. Luite is actively working on a 1.0 release for GHCJS, and
when that happens, ghcjs-boot (note, no --dev option) will pull from
hackage instead of github. I also hope this happens soon, so that
CodeWorld can build against released code!

Thanks for sharing your script.