Anyone up for some web design?

Chris Smith

Jan 11, 2017, 4:49:14 PM1/11/17
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

As I mentioned in my previous email, we could really use an informational web site about CodeWorld.  But my visual design abilities are weak, to say the least!  If anyone is feeling up to the task, get in touch with me?  Otherwise, I'll go on to plan B, and try to create something myself.

Thanks!

Paul Brauner

Jan 12, 2017, 3:31:00 AM1/12/17
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I'm also a poor designer but have you considered using a free template like the ones at https://w3layouts.com for instance? In the case of w3layouts they just ask you not to remove the "Design by W3layouts" links in the footer if you don't pay. There is also a nice collection of templates for github pages. Both these suggestion won't magically solve the UX part of web design, but at least the pages will look nice :)

Paul

Stefan J

Jan 16, 2017, 9:00:11 AM1/16/17
to codeworld-discuss
In the same vein, you could create something nice with Bootstrap / React.

It would be easy to build something similar to this, for example. You could also feature some games/apps, just as Scratch is doing
Somewhat larger concern is original content/images and so on.