Heads-up: renaming core functions

Chris Smith

Oct 23, 2015, 2:19:35 AM10/23/15
to codeworl...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

If you've been using CodeWorld, you might notice some deprecation warnings. I'm renaming rotate, translate, and scale to (respectively) rotated, translated, and scaled.  I'm not doing this just to make work for you fixing all your own code... but rather because I'm convinced, as a result of teaching and working on curriculum development, that using verbs for these function names is confusing to students.

I intend to leave the old versions of these functions in place at least until next school year, so I won't be breaking your code any time soon.  But you will get extra warnings.

I will soon do the same with addVectors, subtractVectors, and rotateVector.  I just haven't decided on the right adjective form for these functions yet.