mysql: unknown option '--wsrep-new-cluster'

emma....@googlemail.com

May 4, 2016, 11:17:05 AM5/4/16
to codership

Hi,
i try to start the first Cluster node like described in:

with: service mysql start --wsrep-new-Cluster

but it get:
 mysql: unknown option '--wsrep-new-cluster'

Whats wrong?

Thanks Emma

Philip Stoev

May 5, 2016, 1:50:56 AM5/5/16
to emma....@googlemail.com, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Please provide your Linux distro name and version , as well as the packages
you installed and the location you obtained them from.

Philip Stoev

emma....@googlemail.com

May 9, 2016, 4:20:14 AM5/9/16
to codership, emma....@googlemail.com
Hi Philip,
it's a Suse Enterprise 12.1.
The packets i've used are the actual packages  from http://releases.galeracluster.com/sles/12/x86_64/

Thank you
Emma

hunter86bg

May 9, 2016, 5:53:32 AM5/9/16
to codership, emma....@googlemail.com
I think in rpm based packages that you should use --wsrep_new_cluster with underscores instead of hyphens.

emma....@googlemail.com

May 10, 2016, 9:08:31 AM5/10/16

On Monday, May 9, 2016 at 11:53:32 AM UTC+2, hunter86bg wrote:
I think in rpm based packages that you should use --wsrep_new_cluster with underscores instead of hyphens.

This was also not running.
I'ved create the Cluster now with : node1: gcomm://
described in : http://www.admin-magazin.de/Das-Heft/2012/04/Der-Galera-Cluster-fuer-MySQL/(offset)/6
Best regards
Emma

hunter86bg

May 11, 2016, 6:49:01 AM5/11/16
to codership, emma....@googlemail.com
Could you post your my.cnf (stripped of passwords and ips) as this seems strange.
This is a partial content on my my.cnf:

[mysqld]
datadir = /share/mysql
socket = /share/mysql/mysql/mysql.sock
port=3307
general_log_file = /var/log/mysqld.log
log-error = /var/log/mysqld.error.log

wsrep_provider=/usr/lib64/galera-3/libgalera_smm.so
wsrep_cluster_name="DbCluster"
wsrep_cluster_address="gcomm:/ip1,ip2,ip3"
wsrep_node_name="some_node_name"
wsrep_node_address="ip3"
wsrep_slave_threads=196
wsrep_provider_options="gcache.size = 55G;gcs.fc_limit = 1000;gcs.fc_factor = 0.99;gcs.fc_master_slave = yes"
wsrep_debug=0
wsrep_sst_auth=user:pass
wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2
innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2