Release files location

Ari Maniatis

Mar 28, 2017, 6:32:17 AM3/28/17
to codership
I can see that http://releases.galeracluster.com/source/ contains the latest source, but I'm wanting to update the FreeBSD port for installing galera and I need a location which contains all the historic releases in a stable reproducible location.

Does such a place exist? Could it be added if not? Without this, I cannot submit an update to the FreeBSD port for others to use reliably.

Secondly, I notice that there are custom builds for various platforms in the release folder, including one for an (old) version of FreeBSD. I'd rather just use the source directly and build it within the FreeBSD ports system, but have any special patches been applied to generate the FreeBSD binaries available for download?

Ari

Philip Stoev

Mar 31, 2017, 5:45:06 AM3/31/17
to Ari Maniatis, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We have a current FreeBSD port of galera at the following location:

https://github.com/codership/freebsd-ports/tree/master/databases/galera

We will be submitting it for official inclusion in the FreeBSD ports tree at
some point in the future.

We do not currently have a publicly-available repository for older versions
of the source tarball. However, the galera git repository contains release
tags which you can use to restore a previous Galera version if you need it.

Philip Stoev

Ari Maniatis

May 20, 2017, 8:11:06 AM5/20/17
to codership, a...@ish.com.au
I've made some pull requests against the freebsd port you have provided. Is that the best way to try and get this port finished and into the main FreeBSD ports tree? I'm still having some trouble, in particular:

* ssl=0 doesn't fully disable building SSL
* asio paths are all messed up (which is why I was trying to disable SSL)
* old-style-casts all all over the code, but for some reason the compiler flags set that to be an error (-Werror)

Ari