/usr/bin/mysqld: unknown variable 'wsrep_provider=/usr/lib64/galera/libgalera_smm.so'

Peter Stamboulis

Sep 18, 2015, 12:28:25 PM9/18/15
to codership
I am trying to bring up my Master node in a 3-node galera cluster but I keep failing with the same error message, given in the subject.  The particulars of my system are:

CENTos 6.6
Installed MariaDB 5.5.45-1 (all four pieces)
Loaded galera-25.3.9-1

The shared object IS in the given directory.

I cannot paste the my.cnf file in here as the system is on another (isolated) network.

The command that I give to try and bring up maria is (as root):

# service mysql start --wsrep-new-cluster

Anybody have any ideas ??

Peter

Philip Stoev

Sep 18, 2015, 2:13:03 PM9/18/15
to Peter Stamboulis, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You need to download MariaDB Cluster, not MariaDB in order to use Galera .

Philip Stoev