Galera monitoring with check_mk

Herve Donati

Oct 10, 2017, 10:51:34 AM10/10/17
to codership
Hi,

I'm currently writing a check_mk plugin for galera. It collects wsrep% values in "show global status" on the galera member and then analyzes them to provide OK, WARN or CRIT status for this member.
My interrogation is about thresholds. Here are the ones currently in use in the plugin :
  • wsrep_apply_oooe, wsrep_apply_oool and wsrep_commit_oooe : CRIT if  > 0.3, WARN if > 0.02 (no check for wsrep_commit_oool because described as "No meaning" on http://galeracluster.com/documentation-webpages/galerastatusvariables.html#wsrep-commit-oool)
  • wsrep_apply_window and wsrep_commit_window : CRIT if > 5, WARN if > 2
  • wsrep_local_recv_queue and wsrep_local_send_queue : CRIT if > 1, WARN if > 0.1
  • wsrep_cert_interval : CRIT if > 1, WARN if > 0.2
  • wsrep_flow_control_paused : CRIT if  > 0.3, WARN if > 0.1
Plus checks on wsrep_connected (OK if ON), wsrep_evs_state (OK if OPERATIONAL), wsrep_ready (OK if ON) and wsrep_local_state_comment (OK if Synced)
Is this realistic ? Some other things to watch ? Any advice about that ?
Everything is OK now on my underloaded 3 nodes cluster.

Regards