5.7 cluster node crash with ALTER TABLE statement when wsrep_slave_threads > 1

bugz...@ii.nl

Nov 15, 2017, 9:47:09 AM11/15/17
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

An ALTER TABLE statement for resetting an AUTO_INCREMENT column for a
table with a foreign key index results in a crash for 1 node in my 3
node percona-xtradb-cluster-server-5.7 (5.7.19-29.22-3.trusty) cluster.
The crash happens when wsrep_slave_threads is set to a number higher
than 1. The higher the number of threads the more likely a node crash.
In my cluster with 16 threads the attached test case consistently
crashes one node in my cluster.

Bug originally posted to Percona:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-xtradb-cluster/+bug/1729648

According to Percona it is an upstream issue.

Galera issue:

https://github.com/codership/galera/issues/487
case.sql