protecting password in wsrep_sst_auth

Simon Hanmer

Feb 11, 2015, 10:56:29 AM2/11/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
 I've been using the galera cluster setups with some success and am at the stage where we're getting ready to setup Puppet manifests to install the cluster automatically.

This has reminded me that the wsrep_sst_auth in the server.cnf on our dev setup has the password for the sst_user set in clear text - is there any method to provide this in an encrypted form?

Thanks,
 Simon

vineet khanna

Sep 29, 2016, 3:01:36 AM9/29/16
to codership
Hi All,

Is there any way to use encrypted password in wsrep_sst_auth if not can below option implemented to wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2.

As we have mysql_config_editor, Can wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2 read .mylogin.cnf do sst transfer.

Thanks!
Vineet Khanna