Galera node where host IP != Public IP

Marc Fournier

Aug 27, 2015, 8:18:03 PM8/27/15
to codership

The problem appears to be simple, but not sure of the solution ...

The host IP is different then the public IP ... so, when the node goes out to the primary for initial sync, its telling to to rsync to the 'internal IP', which it can't reach ... a quick search of google, I'm thinking:

==
# Base replication <address|hostname>[:port] of the node.
# The values supplied will be used as defaults for state transfer receiving,
# listening ports and so on. Default: address of the first network interface.
wsrep_node_address=192.168.100.131
==

but if that is used, for instance, to bind the rsync server on the receiving side, then that won't work, as it needs to bind to the "private IP" ...

Is there a different variable for this ... or is this the right one?   or something altogether different I need to do ... ?

thx

Philip Stoev

Aug 28, 2015, 5:07:59 AM8/28/15
to Marc Fournier, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The rsync daemon is set to listen on all interfaces, so that should not be a
problem. Please try configuring public IPs using wsrep_node_address in your
my.cnf on all nodes, or DNS names that resolve appropriately to a public or
a private IP depending on which machine is doing the resolve and which
machine name is being resolved.

Philip Stoev

Marc Fournier

Aug 28, 2015, 2:32:16 PM8/28/15
to Philip Stoev, codersh...@googlegroups.com

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 02:07, Philip Stoev <philip...@galeracluster.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The rsync daemon is set to listen on all interfaces, so that should not be a problem. Please try configuring public IPs using wsrep_node_address in your my.cnf on all nodes, or DNS names that resolve appropriately to a public or a private IP depending on which machine is doing the resolve and which machine name is being

Yup, found the “hosts file” solution late last night and all is workign like a charm now … thx