How to remove the nodes from galera cluster.Transaction apply on slave nodes are delayed.

Prince

Jul 6, 2016, 1:20:56 AM7/6/16
to codership
How to remove the nodes from galera cluster.

Hi i have started using Galera cluster and facing issues right now.

  • Transaction apply on slave nodes is still asynchronous from client commit (except on the original node where the transaction is committed)

How can i make sure the data is not properly replicated at other nodes and read should not go to master B.

Philip Stoev

Jul 6, 2016, 1:30:03 AM7/6/16
to Prince, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If I understand correctly your questions:

- to remove a node from the cluster, simply stop it and then instruct your
load balancer to not send any queries to it. There is no need to do anything
else on the Galera side;
- to make sure that your important reads always read the most up-to-date
state of the database, please take a look at the wsrep_sync_wait option.

Philip Stoev

Prince Satish Chandra Sharma

Jul 8, 2016, 7:16:23 AM7/8/16
to Philip Stoev, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello Phillip,

One of the major issue i am facing is getting lock wait timeout issue when running a big update on a galera machine.

update Member_Non_Matching_GUID set MemberHubGuid = SUBSTRING('MemberHubGuid',4,3);

I ran this query on 50 millions records and it went fine on node 1 . it ran in 2 minutes.

whereas when seeing the status in node B

|    2 | system user     |                   | NULL           | Sleep   |      0 | Update_rows_log_event::find_row(26447) | NULL

and I cannot select anything from the node and every transaction errors with lock wait timeout exceeded.

Regards
Prince

Hello Philip,

to make sure that your important reads always read the most up-to-date state of the database, please take a look at the wsrep_sync_wait option.

I have enabled