3 Node Cluster. With only a single node used for writing. Still experiancing Deadlocks

DoZZaSR

Apr 20, 2015, 4:54:07 AM4/20/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

really enjoying galera cluster.

Im running the following.

5.5.40-MariaDB - wsrep_25.10.r4014

Its a 3 node cluster, and I have HaProxy setup in front to only pass reads and writes to a single node.

Unfortunately im still seeing Deadlocks on a fairly regular occurrence.

Is there anything I should be doing to try and avoid this?

Any settings I can tune?

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

Daniel Black

Apr 20, 2015, 5:05:49 AM4/20/15
to DoZZaSR, codersh...@googlegroups.com

> Its a 3 node cluster, and I have HaProxy setup in front to only pass reads
> and writes to a single node.
>
> Unfortunately im still seeing Deadlocks on a fairly regular occurrence.
>
> Is there anything I should be doing to try and avoid this?

What are you table structure (show create table) and what queries are returning a deadlock?

make sure you follow what a deadlock is and general non-galera debugging mechanisms apply too:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-deadlocks.html

Daniel Black, Engineer @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.