Debian Jessie & MariaDB/Galera 10.0 : systemd service ?

Florent B

Nov 4, 2015, 8:53:24 AM11/4/15
to codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is "normal" that I don't have a true "mysql"
systemd service on Debian Jessie with MariaDB/Galera 10.0.22 ?

systemctl status mysql

shows me that service was found on old sysvinit /etc/init.d/mysql

But I don't have a true systemd service
(/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service or somewhere else).

Servers were upgraded from Wheezy a few weeks ago.

MariaDB-server package is the one for Jessie : 10.0.22+maria-1~jessie

Can someone help ?

Thank you.

Philip Stoev

Nov 4, 2015, 9:04:54 AM11/4/15
to Florent B, codersh...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I can not speak for MariaDB , but probably the reason is that systemd does
not readily support providing extra options on the command line, such as
"--wsrep-new-cluster", that are needed to get Galera going.

Philip Stoev